Hi Rebellious Readers,
The past few days I have been thinking about my reading, blogging, and bookstagram goals for next year. These past few years have been very sad and stressful for me. I was helping my mom take care of my grandmother who has dementia for over 4 years. We have finally found her a place in a memory care facility. Her dementia has gotten so bad that it is impossible for us to care for her. She needs to be watched and cared for 24-7 now because she had started trying to run away, turning on the stove and oven, and other things that make it unsafe for both herself and others if she is not under the care of professionals.
Sorry to ramble on like this and I know it has nothing to do with my reading goals for 2020. It is easier for me to write about this then talk to people in person about it. So back to the goals.
1. My Goodreads Goals- I am setting my Goodreads goal this year at 106 books. I set it last year for 100 and read 103. I am hoping to finish one or two more before 2020(btw I did finish 2 more bringing my total to 105). I am also setting a goal for total pages to read I want to get to 40,000 this year.
2. Read at least 10 classics- I love reading classics but many of them HUGE and while I have been dying to Middlemarch, Anna Karenina, and The Portrait of a Lady. The size of them has been intimidating me. It is time to pick them up and read them. If I can read War and Peace I can read these three books.
3. Read books on my shelves- I have a lot of books on my shelves I haven’t read yet. My goal is to read at least half of them. Which is no small task as I gave up on counting them a long time ago.
4. Write better reviews- I think my reviews are good but not great. I want them to be more organized and much better worded. I want to do a great job. Authors and Publishers count on reviews to sell books and I hate to think I am letting them down.
5. Post every day on Bookstagram and improve my pictures- I haven’t been posting as regularly as I want too. I now have a lot more time to take pictures and improve my amateur camera skills.
6. Do more unboxings, reading updates, and share more of my life on my bookstagram stories- I get so nervous making videos. I get tongue-tied and sometimes my sentences don’t make sense and I have to resay or rephrase what I just said. But the only way to get better is to practice so this year I am going to pluck up the courage and learn to talk on camera like a normal person.
7. Make more friends and interact with more people in the book community- I am a very shy person and always worry I am bugging someone or that they will not like me or that I will say something wrong. It is time to stop. I have made some great friends and meet some amazing people I never would have met without this amazing community and feel like I have found my tribe. I can’t tell you how many times I almost dmed someone to talk about a book but was too shy to do it.
What are your reading goals this year?
Yours in Rebellion,
Nicole the Reading Rebel