Dear Rebellious Readers,
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog post hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl and this week’s topic is Books On My TBR I’m Avoiding Reading and Why
1 Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy – I read War and Peace two years ago and loved it. I read it with my Classics Ladies aka my Classics Book Club Stephanie and Lindsey and we had a ton of fun. But the size of this book still intimidates me and the Russian names(it took forever for me to get the hang of them in War and Peace) and the cast of characters which I know is going to be big.
2. My Lord John by Georgette Heyer – I love Georgette Heyer. She is one of my favorite authors and I love rereading her books and get so much joy from them. This is her last unfinished book. This was her passion project and she wanted to write a three-book series on it but died before she could. Heyer wrote romances(regency mostly), mysteries, and historical fiction. Historical Fiction was her passion but they didn’t sell as well as her romances and mysteries so she only wrote 5 of them only other than My Lord John.
3. Middlemarch by Geroge Eliot aka Mary Ann Evans- This is the one I dread. I started it once and felt overwhelmed by it. I am hoping to read it with my classics club. Classics that intimate me are always less daunting with Stephanie and Lindsey.
4. Lord of the Rings by J.RR. Tolkien- I read and loved the Hobbit when I was younger but then I saw the size of Lord of the Rings and shelved it. It is time for me to sit down and finally read it already.
5. Paradise Lost by John Milton- I have never read a book written in verse before. It is 40 times longer than the longest poem I have read. But I will concur it. Someday.
6. The Illiad by Homer- See Paradise Lost.
7. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas- I could use this book as a doorstop. Does more even need to be said about why it intimates me.
8. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon- 8 books so far all 800 plus pages. Plus the crazy hype and graphic rape scene that I have heard about in the first book. I want to read this so bad but I keep going back to how big the books are and how many and the rape scene which will be hard if not impossible for me to read.
9. Song of Ice and Fire series by G.R.R Martin- Huge books, tons of characters, no idea when the next book comes out, and all the character deaths I will be reliving(I watched and loved the tv show).
10. Book by Stephen King- I have wanted to read one of his books for a while now but don’t know where to start. I am not a big horror fan. But I am drawn to IT but then think maybe he book On Writing. Uggg if anyone knows where you think I should start please tell me.
What books have you been putting off reading? Tell me in the comments.
Yours in Rebellion