Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by The Broke and Bookish @http://www.brokeandbookish.com/ where book bloggers list 10 bookish things.
This Week’s Topic is…..
Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To
1. Talon by Julie Kagawa- I love everything Julie writings but I didn’t get to this book last year and it was so high up on my TBR list but I just didn’t get to it. I was focused on reading all these series that had all the books out or rereading series because the final book was coming out.
2. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch- When I heard this is Game of Thrones meets Graceling. I was in. I love the Graceling series and hear that Game of Thrones has great plot twists. So put those things together and I think it would be a great book.
3.The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski – Ever sense I heard that Kristin Cashore thought this book was a must read I knew it was for me. I am a huge fan of star crossed lovers and this book looks like it has them. A General’s daughter and a slave in love can’t imagine that is going to go over well plus I hear the world building it great.
4. The Forever Song by Julie Kagawa- Sadly I didn’t get a chance to reread this series to read the last one. I hope to get to it this year. I loved Ally and Kagawa’s take on Vampires. No sparkles in this series or even animal blood. Zeke is one of the sweetest heroes and I love Kanin.
5. The Jewel by Amy Ewing- I really wanted to read this because it seemed like an intersecting idea. Sold into Slavery to the Royalty to be surrogate mother to their children. Freaky.
6. The Madness of Mr.Darcy by Alexa Adams- I have read a few Pride and Prejudice retellings but never one where Darcy’s put in the mental hospital and Elizabeth is a nurse there and it’s I think around 20 years sense he proposed and was turned down by Elizabeth
7. Slow Hand by Victoria Vane- I won this in a giveaway and wanted to get to it last year. It just sounds like a great cowboy romance and I haven’t read one in years.
8. Boomerang by Noelle August- Noelle August is a pen name for 2 authors writing together. One of those authors wrote one of my favorite sci-fi series Under the Never Sky. So of course I want to read it.
9. To Refine like Silver by Jeanna Ellsworth- I have read one of Ellsworth’s other books and loved it. I am very excited to see twist she has put on this story of Pride and Prejudice.
10. The Iron Trail by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black- I usually read every Cassandra Clare book the second it comes out but I didn’t with this one. I was worried about her writing with Holly Black so I keep putting it off.
.What are your top ten this week?
Happy Reading Y’All,
The Reading Rebel