Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by The Broke and Bookish @ http://www.brokeandbookish.com/ where book bloggers list 10 bookish things.
This week’s topic is..
Top Ten Books I Read In 2014(in no order)
1.City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare- I waited 2 years for this book and it didn’t disappoint. I laughed and I cried and I cheered as I said Good-bye to Jace,Clary,Simon,Izzy,Magnus,Alec,and the rest of the characters of this amazing series that I had fallen in love with from go.
2. The Covenant Series by Jennifer L Armentrout- I am breaking the rules on this one(but who are we kidding here my blog isn’t called The Reading Rebel for nothing)but this whole series was wonderful and I loved Alex,Aiden,and Seth so much. I was shocked and surprised. I fangirled,cried,laughed,screamed,cursed,and many other things while reading this series. This also had a rare thing for me. I loved both the guys in the love triangle equally(I knew who should end up with Alex)but they both stole my heart for very different reasons.
3. The Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout- Who thought Aliens could be so sexy? I didn’t. I just fell in love with Daemon and Katy and the cast. I loved that Katy was a reader and book blogger. I just finished the 5th book Friday and already miss these characters.
4. Cress by Melissa Meyer- The Lunar Chronicles are a surprise. I thought I was going to enjoy the series when I got they first one for 9 bucks but I loved it. How this author tells each couples story but yet weaves the characters from the other books is so well done.
5. Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi- The final book in a series that I just love love love. How Aria and Perry fell in love was one heck of a ride and I loved it wasn’t insta-love. They had to go throw a lot to finally get their happy ending. Of course I love Roar and loved that the author said I am not doing a love triangle between Perry,Aria,and Roar. Roar and Aria are just great friends and have no romantic feelings for each other at all. I love a great guy girl friendship that doesn’t lead to romantic feelings.
6. Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor- Laini Taylor just has a way with words. This was a very unique series and I lot of times I was in awe of her imagination. Okay not a lot most of the time. I meet Laini and she signed all my books and answered everyone’s questions and read from Dreams of Gods and Monsters and was so nice. She was the first author I meet.
7. Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne- Midnight Thief is Livia’s first book and let me tell you it’s great. It takes me back to when I fell in love with fantasy. I meet her and found out why that is. Tamera Pierce was one of her influences and she was my intro with C.S.Lewis into the fantasy genre. She was the second author I meet. She was also really amazing and answered everyone’s questions and read a chapter and signed my books.
8. The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare,Sarah Rees Brennan,and Maureen Johnson- Magnus Bane is one of my favorite characters ever. As my family can tell you. I love reading the stories of all his adventures though the years.I love the Midnight Heir were you got to see the characters from The Infernal Devices and the story of Magnus’s first date with Alec. Those were my favorites.
9. Darcy’s Voyage by Kara Louise- I love Jane Austen. She is my favorite author of all time and always will be. Her only writing 6 books I need something to get my Austen fix. So I like many Austen fans have turned to fan fiction. Darcy’s Voyage is my favorite book of fan fiction I have read. The writing was great,stayed true to the characters,true to the period,didn’t have any sex but was still romantic. It was a very unique concept and I loved them meeting on a Darcy’s ship while sailing to America. I highly recommend this great book. Don’t let the length stop you. I know it’s 500 pages but it goes by so fast you will think it’s not long enough.
10.Only Mr Darcy Will Do by Kara Louise- I just loved this story. What if Mr Bennet died and Jane and Elizabeth had to become governesses to support themselves. What if Elizabeth’s feeling for Darcy had changed by that time but now she was even lower then him in society then before? This is that story and I loved it.
What is your top 10 this week?
The Reading Rebel