I have decided to start doing Top Ten Tuesday again.Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by The Broke and Bookish @ http://www.brokeandbookish.com/
Today’s post is the Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014
Sadly I didn’t read many new authors this year and could only come up with 5. So to make up for the other 5 I am going to do New-To-Me Authors I wanted to to get to this year but didn’t.
1.Jennifer L Armentrout- I have had JLA books on my list for a while and so one day I was in the mood for a Greek mythology book and having all of JLA Covenant series on my shelve I started Half-Blood and was hooked on her writing,characters,plot,everything. Sense I first started reading Half-Blood in September I have read her Covenant series(5 books plus 2 novellas),2 of the 3 of her Adult Gamble Brothers series written under her pen name J.Lynn,and I am on the 5th book of her Lux series right now.
2.Jamie McGuire-I read Beautiful Disaster in 2 sittings. 150 pages in one and rest of the 416 page book in the next. I didn’t want to put this book down. I love Travis and Abby and watching them work out their relationship. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series.
3.Kara Louise- I love Jane Austen and I love Jane Austen fan fiction. I like my JAFF to be clean and unique. Kara Louise did that with Darcy’s Voyage one of my favorite books of the year. She is a great writer,historically accurate,and true to the characters of the novel.
4. Livia Blackburne- I read Midnight Thief and just loved it. The main characters were amazing and I was routing for them. I liked that their wasn’t a love triangle going on there and the bad guy was a very complex character. Can’t wait for Daughter of Dusk coming out next year.
5.Agatha Christie- I love the Hercule Poirot TV series so I decided to read a book of short stories on a character I already love though his TV series. Those stories made me love him even more plus getting to experience the quality of writing of a great mystery writer was a bonus.
5 New to Me Authors that I wanted to get to this Year but Didn’t
1. Leigh Bardugo- I was so hoping to get to this author’s Grisha series this year. A lot of my Goodreads friends rave about this series.
2. Colleen Houck- Her Tiger’s Curse series kinda sounds like Twilight but with tigers and mythology. I love tigers and hear both heroes are really dreamy.
3. Sarah J Maas- I love books about assassins and hearing only great things about her writing and characters I have to make room for this series soon.
4. Tahereh Mafi- Shatter Me if you haven’t heard about this series I would be surprised. The unique way it is written and the bad boy everyone loves Warner are just two reasons why I wanted to read this series sooner.
5. Lauren DeStefano- Her Chemical Garden series is said to be disturbing and creepy. I sometimes need to read something that is way outside of my comfort zone and this series fits the bill.
What are your Top Ten(or for me Top 5 and Top 5)this week?
The Reading Rebel